Tuesday, December 24, 2013

DORMS!

Hello friends! Okay so again I'm awful about being a super involved blogger and making everything cute-sy but I do have updates! After I received an email about how Disney was excited for my arrival soon I got one about the DORMS system! It came in two messages, a part one and part two and contains information about how to contact them with problems and what your roommate ID is. Your roommate ID is what identifies you in the Disney system so be sure to share it with the roomies you want as soon as you get it and get their numbers too! You login using your email and a temporary password they send you, you'll change it as soon as you get in the first time. 


         So the first page is pre-registration which is where you will fill out basic information about yourself such as phone number, address, emergency contact, ect. You will also be able to put if you are opting out of the Disney housing (you can get an apartment that isn't Disney owned if you appeal to Disney and request to opt out) , if you need disability housing (there are no apartments with ramps instead of stairs so they need to place you in a special place like the first floors of the buildings), if you need married living space (husband and wife doing the program) , or if you are bringing your own vehicle (which I am). If you check the box saying that you are bringing your vehicle means you need to fill out what make and model your car is and what year it is, as well as color and license plate number.



           Next, you will view paperwork about housing policies and alcohol policies (for wellness) as well as some other policies. You will put in your birthday at the bottom of each page. When I entered mine it said it was incorrect which just required an email to the disney housing and it was fixed within the hour. If you are bringing your vehicle, there will also be a page about vehicle policy you must initial concerning your decal, security, ect. After all of this comes the roommate and apartment pages!


For the roommate page this is where you will need to put in your roommates numbers which I mentioned before. When I put in one of my roommate's numbers it said it couldn't take it, causing panic on my part. I emailed the housing people and they made me the leader of our roommates and said I had to register everyone and then they could. When I logged back in Disney had put my roommates in for me except for one and I could continue. It seems since this is one of the first times DORMS is being used all of the bugs haven't been ironed out yet. However, they are easy to contact and always reply within the hour to your problem which is great. After you put in what roommates you want (note these are PREFERENCES, not guaranteed) you can move on to the housing page. 


On this page you will put in what housing you wanted and how many bedrooms you want. Keep in mind when signing up for rooms that one bedroom has two beds. The more people, the cheaper the price and more friends you will have to play with in the parks. On the flipside it also makes more room for conflicts and drama, especially with girls who may not like sharing with so many other people. 


When you're done with the process, you will review your information and submit. Check your information carefully as there may be errors in what has been submitted. Also don't submit until you have all of your roommates in the system and are sure everything is how you want it. Also note that your session expires very quickly so you can be times out and have to log back in. Some people experienced problems logging in on this system with password errors and such so email the housing email if you experience this (some people said that they had success getting in by making their emails in all caps). Your boarding pass is around ten pages long (make sure you have ink and paper!) and you must print them to have when you check-in. 

My review on the system? Easy enough if it saves me time waiting in line on check-in day although the prospect of not getting the roomies and apartment I want is frightening. The system has some bugs that need fixed but with Disney communicating so well I really can't complain about it. Unless something goes horribly wrong and nothing I planned ends up happening which would fry my poor anxious, OCD mind!

So what do you think about the DORMS system? 

No comments:

Post a Comment