Monday, December 30, 2013

My Restaurant Reviews

Hey guys! I wanted to do a restaurant review on the places that I've eaten while I'm at Disney to help lead into my Disney food bucket list of the places and foods I want to try while I'm there.  

So where have I eaten? What have I had?

Be Our Guest-

My mother surprised me with reservations to this beautiful restaurant for our last Disney vacation and wow, I was blown away! My family was acting like papparazzi because it is really THAT beautiful. I loved it! You have your choice of three rooms for dinner dining: the West Wing, the ballroom, or the library. 


The West Wing (it's really a lot darker when you eat there which I personally didn't like) The painting on the wall changed between Adam and the Beast as well as the enchanted rose that has petals that fall. 


This is the library! It has amazing artwork and a spinning music box thing in the middle. I loved the artwork!


The ballroom! This is amazing! This is where I ate and it was the most beautiful place in the whole dang castle. The Beast walks through and you can met him after dinner, as well as explore wherever as long as you want to, including the West Wing and the library. 


The dish my mother and I had was the ratatouille. It was amazing! It has a lovely bell pepper sauce with couscous and zucchini and tomatoes and such. It was so good I wanted to eat three plates of it! I really suggest this. 


This is the shrimp and scallops with lobster sauce in a puff pastry. This was very good too! (sorry for the awful flash it's quite dark in the castle for the mood lighting)


This is the pork chop rack with seasonal veggies and a red wine sauce. This was so tender and flavorful! 

The desserts?

They have pastries, cream puffs, and cupcakes. The cupcakes get served with sauce drawn into a heart and we had all three with a chocolate pastry. The strawberry and chocolate were voted the best and the cream puff pastry the lowest but they were all super good! And the good news is these are available during lunch as well so don't have a reservation? Try lunch! Oh also their lemonade is super super super sweet (but that's coming from someone who avoids sugars) but oh so good! They'll usually give you a water glass with it since it makes you thirsty. 

How do I rate Be Our Guest? 
10 out of 10

Pecos Tall Tale Inn and Cafe-

This place. Found in Frontierland of Magic Kingdom, this restaurant features Western charm and flare. We ate here before heading onto Splash Mountain (which is now closed until March UGH). 


It's usually really crowded and busy, as you can see the castmembers being pushed to their limits here on servicing everyone. 

Ahhhhh, reminds me of Texas




This is your "Fixins" bar for all of your vegetables and topping for your entrees, which is very full with cheese, sauces, lettuce, tomatoes, ect. 


As you can see, the choices are very limited and are really expensive for what you are getting (around $50 for a family of four no drinks). While you can use your quick service dining plan here, I wouldn't advise it. I got the veggie burger and sweet potato fries and although the burger was good, it wasn't worth the price tag. Mediocre food for a high price isn't where I want to be. There are many places that are the same price that offer better choices in foods. 


In fact, the only thing they have going for them in their root beer slush in the infamous boot mug. Most say the root beer flavor isn't very strong and it really is a slush texture, not an icee. This will also set you back some as just the slush is $3.99 and the boot filled with slush is $8.99. 

How do I rate Pecos Bill Cafe?
3/10

Pizza Planet-

Pizza Planet is one of those quintessential places you have to see at Hollywood Studios. It's an icon of the famed movie Toy Story and a childhood favorite for most who visit. I went there when I was younger so if I don't remember exactly how the food was. 





So the food looks like it came from a frozen food box which isn't appealling seeing as the price is nearly ten dollars for just one pizza. The arcade is amazing and if you have kids they will go nuts over it but as for me? Overpriced. I would try the Italy pavilion at Epcot for a pizza place and then head over to Hollywood and let the kids play some games so you can have some amazing Italian pizza and still get the Pizza Planet atmosphere.

How do I rate Pizza Planet?
4/10

Capt. Cooks at Polynesian Resort-

Capt. Cooks is a little restaurant tucked away in the back of the Polynesian Resort and features some pretty great food that has a tropical twist. 




The cool thing about Capt. Cooks is the ability to self-serve your own Dole Whip if you buy the basic cup for $4. It a tad bit more expensive than buying it in the park but you can fill that sucker up way more and it then stuffs two people, as is shown below. Circle it around the bottom until you get to the rim them press down in the center to fill all the caps and continue for your "dome". 

 (Excuse my humidity hair, it's Florida people)




These pork nachos are the best. Hands down. Everyone loved these and we tried to make our own but the flavors cannot be matched! Super good nachos. 


I got the salad and I just gotta suggest getting the dressing on the side if you don't want your lettuce swimming in an overwhelming amount of dressing and cheese. Other than that, it was filling and great. The sandwiches they have are also fantastic as they have a great tropical sauce slathered on. 


Apparently this cupcake exists at Capt. Cooks? Must find it and give it a try!
Also Capt. Cooks is on the quick food and service dining plan. 

How do I rate Capt. Cooks?
8/10

Les Halles Bakery-

Located in the Frech pavilion of Epcot, this tucked away bakery is famous for its baked good, and rightly so. It has amazing baked goods ranging from various mousses to napoleons. While you can have a full meal, we always just stop for their desserts which leads me to think that we may have a sweet tooth problem. 


As you can kind of see here the seating is SUPER limited, so don't expect to find much in way of sitting a big family down. You have to play the "guard a table and pounce on it when the people leave" approach. This really is a downside of this lovely bakery. 


The famed napoleon. One of the best pastries they have!


More tartes and creme brulee.


Raspberry Mousse, which is very good!

The awesome thing about dining around the world at Epcot is that the people who work in the countries are from that actual country. Real french people are baking for you and they speak in french in front of you which is just oh la la! I love the culture and the authenticity that adds to it all. 

How do I rate Les Halles bakery?
7/10

Ghirardelli Chocolate at Downtown Disney-

This is the best place to get fat. For real. It has the best chocolate and sundaes and I am going to bombard you with so many pictures here you'll get diabetes (but hey, join the club). So here goes! As stated, this is located in Downtown Disney and if you have AAA, you can get a discount here! Yes!









 You've just gotta go. And if you don't want to get the massive cavity that comes with these sundaes you can always get free chocolate from inside the store. 

How do I rate Ghirardelli chocolate?
10/10

Twistee Treat-

So this one isn't a "Disney" food but it was a lucky find that I am more than happy to share with ya'll! The location is at
11933 East Colonial Dr.
Orlando, Florida 32826 
Store Hours: Everyday 11:30 AM to 1:00 AM

So plug that into your GPS and get going! What makes it great?




They've got huge cones that can be dipped in chocolate, butterscotch, or strawberry. Also sprinkles like mine! They additionally have sundaes and a cool Dole Whip knockoff (which I got free because they messed up on my first one) They are pretty cheap and the only downside is that they melt fast! Definitely worth the stop!

Since there was no picture of their menu the link to their full menu is here.

Also the link to see their location on Google Maps is here.

How do I rate Twistee Treat?
9/10


Wow. This has taken me forever and I hope you appreciate a little taste of what Disney has going on. Next up, moving to Disney (one week!) and what restaurants I want to eat at!

No comments:

Post a Comment