Saturday, December 28, 2013

MagicBands? Fastpass+? What is this stuff?

Hey guys! So Disney has been rolling out the MagicBands and that whole system and I wanted to so a very basic rundown of what I know and what I'm expecting, as well as sharing what others know and how it has worked for them (since I haven't used them yet). Alright so let's get started ya'll!

MagicBands-

MagicBands are the new key to everything that is your Disney vacation. They are you're hotel key, your fastpasses, your photopass, your key to entry, as well as many other things. MagicBands are replacing the need to keep track of cards for your photos and hotels and discounts and reservations and everything else, which is nice for a person who loses just about everything and is paranoid about losing just about everything (that would be me). You also have the option to "customize" your MagicBand aka choose a different color for your band such as blue, green, yellow, pink, ect. If you get your MagicBands at your hotle you will receive the basic grey color, which I think still looks pretty darn cool. It's a one size fits all system so kids and adults alike can wear the band with an adjustable band system that works like a belt. It is a waterproof band and apparently a heatproof one as one review (found here) says he left it on his car dash and while other items melted, the MagicBand held strong and still worked. Sounds like they need that kind of technology for half the stuff in Texas! It also has your name on the inside of the bad if you customize it to have that. Pretty cool stuff!

 So besides the look, how does it work?
The MagicBand is meant to work as a key (duh) by simply tapping it on the new Mickey posts they had installed. What do I mean by that? Check out the video for the tapping sensation of the MagicBands in work. I find this pretty darn handy and no one has reported any malfunctions with the system yet (you go imagineers!) so the system seems to be working pretty well. The paper fastpasses are being worked out of the system which is so eco-friendly although it is making those Disney fans that collect the paper fastpasses freak out. I understand as I am quite fond of the paper fastpasses myself. You get to keep the MagicBands as far as I know and can reuse them on later trips if you wanted. 

Since I don't have a lot of knowledge on how the MyMagic+ system works I'm gonna show you some stuff to help your out from people who know way more than I do. 

Get to know everything about the system with DIS Unplugged (58 min.)



Same thing just 6 minutes long.

So what do you guys think? Do you like it? 


No comments:

Post a Comment